Tuesday 17 June 2014

Cheshire County Show


I woke up this morning and realised I had nothing planned at all, part of me considered laying in and just taking it easy for a day but then I looked outside and saw the sunshine and before I knew it I was up, showered and in the car, on my way to Cheshire County Show in Knutsford.

The traffic management on the roads around the show ground was great. The ground was really well signposted and they have a dedicated lane for show traffic on the main road to avoid congestion to other road users. The parking is also really well organised with several huge fields full of volunteers assisting the organisation of a LOT of vehicles! Oh and parking is FREE!

The tickets are prices at £17 for an adult, £8 for a child between 5-15, £14 for students & Oaps, or £35 for a family ticket which allows entrance for 2 adults and 2 children. Kids under 5 go FREE, as do Dogs!

I initially thought that £17 was a little on the pricey side, but once I got into the show ground and realised how big the show actually is, £17 was really money well spent, and after all I'd already got free parking and free dog entry for Dora! I arrived at 12:30pm and left at 4:30pm & although I saw a bit of everything I could have easily stayed for longer! Note to self for next year: get there earlier.

I didn't bother with a programme as I knew I wouldn't really have that much time and if I'd have seen the full list of events I'd have been gutted that I couldn't do the full 2 days! I did however how a sneak peak at the one being read by the lady sat next to me at the main ring, and they were very comprehensive with a full show ground map inside too. The programmes were being sold for £3.50.


Here is a photo of one of the many map stands dotted around the ground so you don't get lost!

The list of exhibitors is exhaustive but there truley is something for everyone. From the most recent fast car, to a range of a tractors, fairground rides for young and old, food vans a plenty (and that includes a champagne & pimms van!), home DIY stands, Stabling & garden equipment, everything equestrian related you could dream of and plenty for dogs too!


Are you feeling tired by all of that?? I hope not.. Because there is so much more to mention. There are shows to watch for dogs, pigs, goats, cattle, poultry and even EGGS! Yes, eggs. 




Not to mention the thousands of horses that enter various shows at Cheshire Show each year. We watched side saddle, heavy horses, young stock, pony club games and show jumping - and that only covers a few of the classes available to see!



There were so many other things to see at Cheshire Show, we saw a rather educational ferret display, an impressive Police dog sisplay and an awe inspiring motorcross stunt show!


There are wooden benches around all of the arenas and some under cover tiered seating at the main arena all of which have a great view. There is also plenty of space for you to sit with a picnic blanket like I did whilst I ate my strawberries & hot Belgium chocolate!



Dora & I had a great day out today and would recommend Cheshire County Show to anyone! It's on tomorrow (18th June) too, so what are you waiting for? Get Out And See Stuff! 

No comments:

Post a Comment